Skip to main content

Wrong spelling on the name of bride and/or groom

The first name of the bride and/or groom entered in the Certificate of Marriage (COM) is different from the first name as appearing in the registered Certificate of Live Birth (COLB). For example: the first name in the COLB is "Maria Ana" but in the COM is "Ma. Anna, the correct first name used is "Maria Ana".

How to correct

A petition for the correction of entry/ies through RA 9048 is to be filed at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the COM was registered.


Under RA 9048 law, the City/Municipal Civil Registrar (C/MCR) or District/Circuit Registrar (C/DR) shall collect a fee of P 1,000.00 for filing a petition for correction of entries.