Skip to main content

Error in the first name of the deceased in the Certificate of Death (COD)

There is an error in the spelling of the first name of the deceased in the COD.

How to correct

  • The name of the deceased in the death certificate can be corrected through RA 9048. The petition for correction of entries may be filed by the spouse of the deceased, his/her children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, guardian or any other person authorized by law.
  • A lawyer or any other person may file the petition provided that a special power of attorney be given by the persons in the preceding sentence.
  • Aside from the requirements for the petition for correction of entries, the death certificate of the deceased should be attached to the petition.
  • The petitioner may file at the LCRO where the COD was registered or at any LCRO through the process of migrant-petition.