Skip to main content

Annotation on the effects of divorce declared in a foreign country

A request for copy issuance of COM with annotation on the effects of divorce abroad resulted to a negative result or COM without annotation.

How to correct

  • The divorce decree granted by a foreign country must first be filed for recognition in the Philippine Regional Trial Court (RTC).
  • Once the local court recognized the foreign divorce decree, register it to the LCRO of the place of jurisdiction of the RTC which granted the petition.
  • The next step is to provide the copy of the registered court decree and certificate of finality to the LCRO where the marriage was registered for the annotation in the COM.
  • Once registered, you may now request for an annotated COM at PSA.  The complete set of documents: registered court decree, certificate of finality, certificate of registration and the annotated COM is to be forwarded through courier to PSA for processing. Also hand-carry the set of documents for filing an application at PSA-Central Outlet, East Avenue.