Skip to main content
Release-Date
Reference-Number
2024-SR-008

This special release presents statistical data on births occurring for the month of October 2023 in the Province of Cavite. This publication shows the disaggregated data of live births by sex and by registration status down to city/municipal level. It also presents the total registered live births by nationality of father and mother, usual residence of the mother, and type of birth. The civil registry documents transmitted by the Local Civil Registry Offices (LCROs) to Cavite Provincial Office for machine processing served as the source of data in preparation of this publication.

Births in Cavite

Table 1 shows that there were 5,216 registered live births in the Province of Cavite for the month of October 2023. Male births accounted for 50.8% or 2,651 of the total births while female births accounted for 49.2% or 2,565. Males were higher by 86 than females. Seven (7) cities and six (6) municipalities recorded more male births than females. These were as follows: City of Bacoor, City of Carmona, Cavite City, City of Dasmariñas, City of General Trias, City of Imus and Trece Martires City and municipalities of Alfonso, Indang, Kawit, Silang, Ternate, and General Mariano Alvarez. The same number of male and female births were recorded in Magallanes and Mendez.

The City of Dasmariñas recorded the highest registered live births with 896 composed of 449 males and 447 females. This was followed by City of Bacoor and Trece Martires City with 821 and 725 registered live births, respectively. The least registered live births were recorded in Ternate with 13, followed by Alfonso and Amadeo with 18 and 21 live births, respectively.

Table 2 shows that 80.0% or 4,171 were timely registered and 20.0% or 1,045 were late registered. Timely registered births were higher by 3,126 compared to late registered births. Majority were registered within the reglementary period of 30 days.

Noveleta had the highest percentage of timely registered births with 88.5% or 54 out of 61 total registered births. This was followed by Tagaytay City with 86.8% or 79 out of 91 total registered births and Maragondon with 84.6% or 33 out of 39 registered births. On the other hand, Alfonso recorded the highest percentage of late registered births with 77.8% or 14 out of 18 registered births, followed by Amadeo with 52.4% or 11 out of 21 registered births and Rosario with 41.8% or 28 out of 67 registered births.

Figure 1 shows that majority of the babies born were from Filipino parents (5,210 or 99.9%), while the rest (6 or 0.1%) were babies with 1 foreign parent. Births with Filipino parents were higher by 5,204.

Figure 2 shows that most of the babies’ mother were residents of Cavite with a total of 5,128 while residents of other provinces were 88.

Figure 3 shows that among the 5,171 single birth deliveries, a little more than half (50.9% or 2,631) were males while the rest (49.1% or 2,540) were females. It was followed by twins with 43 composed of 19 males and 24 females. There were 2 births whose type of birth was not stated / not applicable. None of the birth deliveries were triplets or more.

Summary

The Province of Cavite had recorded a total of 5,216 live births for the month of October 2023. Male births were predominant in most cities/municipalities. Overall, males outnumbered females by 86. The highest number of registered births came from the City of Dasmariñas with 896 and the least came from Ternate with 13 live births only. Timely registered births were higher than late registered births. There were also more live births with Filipino parents than births with 1 foreign parent. Majority of the mothers were residents of Cavite and among the types of birth, single was the most common.

Cavite Birth Statistics: December 2023

This special release presents statistical data on births occurring for the month of December 2023 in the Province of Cavite.

Cavite Birth Statistics: November 2023

This special release presents statistical data on births occurring for the month of November 2023 in the Province of Cavite.

Cavite Birth Statistics: October 2023

This special release presents statistical data on births occurring for the month of October 2023 in the Province of Cavite.