VITAL EVENTS SEPTEMBER 2019
For September 2019, the total number of registered births in Batangas was 4,781. It was higher by 2.8 percent compared to last year of the month’s record of 4,649. This number includes timely and delayed births registered during the month.
The total number of marriages events for September 2019 was 1,016. There was increase of 63 marriages from last year’s events of 953.
There were 1,560 death cases registered in the province for September 2019. Death figures moved up by 13.4 percent compared to the same month last year with 1,376 deaths.
Total Population of Registered Live Births
The total registered live births in Batangas was 4,781 with a daily average of 159 babies born.
Batangas City gained the highest number of registered live births with 936. This was 20.0 percent of total number of registered births in the province. It is followed by Lipa City with 763 live births while Lemery rank third with the registered live births of 449. These top three cities comprised 44.9 percent of the total registered live births in Batangas.
The municipality of Balete got the lowest registered with only two live births. Most of the municipalities/cities in Batangas had a daily average of one birth.
In terms of the daily average per day for September 2019, it is decreased by 2.58 percent compared to September last year.
Live Birth by Sex…
Fifty-one percent of the total registered live births were males with 2,419 while the remaining 49 percent were females. This came to a birth sex ratio of 1 male for every 1 female.
Highest proportion for male and female births was reported in Alitagtag, wherein for six births, four males and two female were born. Lowest sex ratio however, was noticed the municipality of Mabini
About 53 percent of the cities/ municipalities in the province reported a sex ratio of 100 and more than 100 while the remaining 47 percent had a sex ratio of less than 100.
Live Birth Attendants…
Most of the mothers gave birth through medical attendants. About 88.9 percent delivered their babies with assistance from medical staff (physician, nurse, and midwife).
Differently, the 11.1 percent were delivered by non-medical attendants (hilot, other birth attendants)
The total number of marriage occurrences for September 2019 was 1,016.
Lipa City registered with the most number of weddings with 196 events while Batangas City ranked second with 108 nuptial events.
The least number of marriage events were recorded in the municipality of Tingloy with three registered marriages only.
Marriages by Type of Ceremony…
More than half of the weddings were solemnized under the Roman Catholic rites with a total of 555 or 54.63 percent of the total recorded marriages in the province.
Furthermore, about 400 or 39.37 percent couples chooses to took their vows on civil rites. The remaining 6.0 percent or 60 listed marriages were solemnized under other religious rites ceremony. While one ceremony was recorded under Muslim rites.
Registered Deaths by Sex…
The registered death occurrences for the month of September 2019 totaled to 1,560 of which 55.32 percent or 863 were males and the remaining 44.68 percent or 697 were females. This means that more males were registered to have succumbed to death than females, resulting to death sex ratio of 124.
In terms of the highest number of death cases, the leading city is Batangas City with a total of 451 deaths followed by Lipa City with 168.
Attendants and Civil Status at Deaths…
From the total registered deaths in Batangas, 963 death events or 61.73 percent were attended by health professionals (private physician, public health officer and hospital authority) while 38.27 percent or 597 were not attended by any health professional.
About 46.54 percent of recorded deaths were married, 28.91 per- cent were single, 24.42 percent were widow/widower while one person civil status deaths were not determined.