Latest Release

Vital Statistics: December 2019 Batangas (Preliminary Results)

Release Date: February 28, 2020
Reference Number: 10VS2020-01

VITAL EVENTS

DECEMBER 2019

 

Births…

For December 2019, the total number of registered births in Batangas was 4,082. It decreased by 1.6 percent compared to last year of the month’s record of 4,147. This number includes timely and delayed births registered during the month.

Marriages…

The total number of wedding events for December 2019 was 1,862. This was higher by five marriages from last year’s events of 1,857.

Deaths…

There were 1,431 death cases registered in the province for December 2019. Death figures get lower by 11.8 percent in comparison to last year’s records of 1,280.

 

BIRTH STATISTICS

Total Population of Regis-tered Live Births

The total registered live births in Batangas were 4,082 ba-bies with a daily average of 132 live births.

Batangas City gained the highest number of registered live births with 749. This was 18.4 percent of total number of registered births in the province. Following was the City of Lipa (729) and Lemery (395) live births. These top three cities comprised 45.9 percent of the total registered live births in Batangas.

In contrast, the municipality of Alitagtag and Santa Teresita got the lowest registered with a record of two live births only.

The cities of Batangas and Lipa obtained the top daily average births during the month.

In terms of the daily average per day for December 2019, 1.50 percent decline compared December 2018.

 

Live Birth by Sex…

Fifty-three percent of the total registered live births were males with 2,144, while the remaining 47.0 percent were females. This came to a birth sex ratio of 1 male for every 1 female.

Highest proportion for male and female births was reported in the town of Lobo, wherein for seven-teen births, fourteen males and three female were born. Lowest sex ratio however, was noticed the municipality of Alitagtag and Santa Teresita.

About 61.8 percent of the cities/municipalities in the province reported a sex ratio of 100 and above while the remaining 38.2 percent had a sex ratio of less than 100.

Live Birth Attendants…

Most of the mothers gave birth through medical attendants. About 90.1 percent delivered their babies with assistance from medical staff (physician, nurse, and midwife).

Differently, the 9.9 percent were delivered by non-medical attendants (hilot, other birth attendants).

 

MARRIAGE STATISTICS

Registered Marriages…

The total number of marriage occurrences for December 2019 was 1,862.

Lipa City registered with the most number of weddings with 265 events while Batangas City ranked second with 151 nuptial events.

The least number of marriage events were recorded in the municipality of Tingloy with eight registered marriages only.

Marriages by Type of Ceremony…

More than half of the weddings were solemnized under the Roman Catholic rites with a total of 1,235 or 66.3 percent of the total recorded marriages in the province.

Furthermore, about 463 or 24.9 percent couples chooses to took their vows on civil rites. The remaining 8.8 percent or 164 listed marriages were sol-emnized under other religious rites ceremony.

 

DEATH STATISTICS

Registered Deaths by Sex…

The registered death occurrences for the month of December 2019 totaled to 1,431 of which 56.8 per-cent or 813 were males and the remaining 43.2 percent or 618 were females. This means that more males were registered to have succumbed to death than females, resulting to death sex ra-tio of 132.

In terms of the highest number of death cases, the leading city is Batangas with a total of 216 deaths followed by Lipa City with 113.

Attendants and Civil Status at Deaths…

From the total registered deaths in Batangas, 939 death events or 65.6 percent were attended by health professionals (private physi-cian, public health officer and hos-pital authority) while 34.4 percent or 492 were not attended by any health professional.

About 46.3 percent of recorded deaths were married, 27.2 per-cent were single, 26.4 percent were widow/widower while two person civil status deaths were not determined.

 

AttachmentSize
PDF icon Vital Stat. December 2019.pdf1.84 MB

Pages

Contents

Previous Releases

G/F Bldg. C, Fiesta World Mall, Marauoy, Lipa City, Batangas @psacalabarzon (043) 756-0412 psarsso4a@gmail.com