PRICE SITUATION IN BATANGAS
The Consumer Price Index for August 2019 was 121.7 It accelerated by 3.1 points compared to last year of the same month.
Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco and Clothing and Footwear subgroup remained the highest point change having a 25 .0 and 9.0 index point changes respectively.
Throughout the month of August, there were increase in the index point changes in Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages, 1.5; Housing. Water, Electricity, Gas and Other Fuels, 3.0; Health, 5.8; Education, and Transport at 7.2 and Restaurant and Miscellaneous Goods and Services, 5.3. These comparison was against last year of the same month
On the other hand, only Transport sub grouped registered a negative index point change of 0.3 compared to last year of the same month.
- Starting from the month of November 2018 inflation rate starts to reduced July 2019 but slightly to increase again this month of August.
- The inflation rate for this month is 0.2 higher compared to last month.
- Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco remained to be the highest commodity having a CPI of 254.8
- Clothing and footwear and Restaurant & Miscellaneous groups followed with a CPI of 141.6 and 136.1, respectively.
- The Communication commodity gained the lowest place with a CPI of 101.9.
FOOD AND NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- The month on month Consumer’s Price Index of Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages group lose a 0.3 index point change. This was observed in most of the commodities belongs to this group.
- Positive index point change was only recorded for other cereals, flour, cereal preparation, bread, pasta, and other bakery products, fruits, food products, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages items.
- On the other hand, no change was seen on the index point of oil and fats items.
- Non-Food Sectors also posted a negative index point change of 0.1.
- Clothing and foot wear item got highest index point change 1.4.
- Most of the commodities which belong to this sectors recorded no change in index points.
- Decreased in the index point of Electricity, Gas and Other fuels was observed.
PURCHASING POWER OF PESO
The Purchasing Power of the Peso (PPP) in Batangas for August 2019 was recorded at 0.82 centavos. This means that a market basket of goods and services worth one peso for this month could be availed only at 0.82 centavos in 2012.
It had depreciated by 2 centavos compared to last year’s PPP.