The total number of registered births in Batangas for the month of April 2019 was 4,367. It was 1.20 percent higher compared to last year of the same month’s records of 4,315. This registration includes timely and delayed births registered during the month.
For the month of April 2019, the total number of marriages events registered in Batangas was 1,224. This record showed an 8.59 percent event higher from the last year’s report with 1,339 marriages.
There were 1,584 death cases registered in the province for the month of April 2019. Compared to last year with the same month, deaths were higher by 3.80 percent.
Total Population of Registered Live Births
The total number of registered born alive in Batangas were 4,367 with a daily average of 141 live births.
Batangas City recorded with the highest remained still number of registered live births having 757. This gave 16.26 percent of total number of registered births. It was followed by Lipa City with 710 live births while Tanauan City rank third with the registered live births of 430. These top three cities comprised 43.44 percent of the total registered live births in Batangas.
On the otherhand, Balete, Mabini, and Mataas na Kahoy got the lowest registered births with only five live births for each municipality.
Many of the municipalities/cities in Batangas have a daily average of one birth.
In terms of the daily average per day, the month of April 2019 increased by 1.44 percent compared to same month last year.
Live Birth by Sex…
The total registered live births were 4,367. About 52.16 percent were males, while the remaining 48.84 percent were females. Batangas has a birth sex ratio of 109.
The municipality of Agoncillo gained the highest proportion for male and female births having six births, five males and one female were born. Lowest sex ratio how-ever, was noticed in Alitagtag and Sta. Teresita with only one sex ratio.
About 58.82 percent of the cities/municipalities in the province reported a sex ratio of 100 and more than 100 while, 41.18 percent also had a sex ratio of less than 100.
Live Birth Attendants…
Most of the mothers gave birthsassisted by medical attendants. Medical attendants showed the highest percentage having 87.73 percent. The mothers delivered their babies with assistance from medical staff (physician, nurse, and midwife).
The remaining 12.27 percent were delivered by non-medical attendants (hilot, other birth attendants).
The total number of marriage occurred for the month of April was 1,224.
Lipa City had the highest number of marriages with 147 and was followed by the municipality of Nasugbo having a total number of 142 nuptial events.
The municipalities of Sta. Teresita gained the least number of marriages having six marriages only.
Marriages by Type of Ceremony...
Most of the nuptial events were solemnized under the Roman Catholic rites which had the highest in type of ceremony conducted, having a total number 693 or 56.62 percent of the total recorded marriages in the province.
Furthermore, about 408 or 33.33 percent couples chose to take their vows on civil rites. The remaining 9.88 percent or 121 listed marriages were solemnized under other religious rites ceremonies.
Registered Deaths by Sex…
The total number of registered deaths happened in Batangas for the month of April 2019 was 1,584. It is consisted by 55.11percent or 873 were males and the remaining 44.89 percent or 711 were females. More males were prone to death than female having a 123 sex ratio.
Batangas City got the highest registered death having 381 deaths while Sta. Teresita had the least registered death with one death case reported.
The maximum sex ratio of deaths was from the town of Mataas na Kahoy having a sex ratio of 233.
Attendants and Civil Status at Deaths…
The total registered deaths in Batangas were 1,584. About 61.11 percent or 968 death events were attended by health professionals (private physician, public health officer and hospital authority) while the remaining 38.89 percent or 616 were not cared by any health professional.
Of the recorded deaths in Batangas, 47.92 percent were married, 25.25 percent were single, 26.58 percent were widow/widower while the remaining 0.25 percent gender were not recorded.