Vital Statistics - March 2021 Batangas (Preliminary Result)

Reference Number: 

21RO410—990

Release Date: 

Monday, March 29, 2021

SPECIAL RELEASE

VITAL EVENTS

BIRTHS...

Overall registered births in Batangas for February 2021 was 3,002. It drops by 24.67 percent compared to last year of the same month’s record of 3,985 . This number includes timely and delayed births registered during the month.

MARRIAGES...

The number of registered marriages for February 2021 reached 1,002 , lower than the total registered marriages of 1,079 from last year’s events.

DEATH...

Reported deaths for February 2021 showed 1,566 , an increase of 7.70 percent from the 1,454 registered deaths on the same month last year.

TOTAL POPULATION OF REGISTERED LIVE BIRTHS

There were 3,002 total registered births in Batangas with a daily average of 100 live births .

Lipa City with 464 registered births had recorded the most number of births in the province of Batangas. Other city/municipality with high number of registered births were Batangas City and Tanauan with 410 and 259 live births, respectively. These top three cities comprised 37.75 percent of the total registered live births in Batangas.

On the other, the municipalities of Mataas na Kahoy and Sta. Teresita got the lowest registered with four recorded live births for the month.

In terms of the daily average per day for February 2021 , it decreased by 25 percent compared to February last year.

Live Birth by Sex                        

More males (1,554 or 51.77 percent) were born than females (1,448 or 48.23 percent) which resulted in a birth sex ratio of 1 male for every 1 females.

Highest proportion for male and  female births was reported in Tingloy, wherein for six births, five males and one female were born.  Lowest sex ratio however, was   noticed the  municipality of  San Luis.

About 55.88 percent of the cities/municipalities in the province reported a sex ratio of 100 and more  than 100 while the remaining  44.12 percent   had  a sex ratio of less than 100 .

Live Birth Attendants…

Most of the mothers gave birth  through medical attendants. About 85.24 percent delivered their babies with assistance from medical staff (physician, nurse, and midwife).

However, 14.76   percent were delivered by non-medical  attendants (hilot, other birth attendants).

REGISTERED MARRIAGES... 

For February 2021 , the total number of marriages occurences was 1,002 .

City of Lipa had the most number of couples who undergone the process of nuptiality with a total number 141 . While Batangas City ranked second with 80 nuptial events and followed by municipality of Calaca with 70 number of marriages.

Conversely, one wedding event conducted in Tingloy considered to be the lowest marriage of the province in this month.

Marriages by Type of Ceremony

More than half of the weddings were solemnized under the Roman Catholic rites with a total of 523 or 52.20 percent of the total recorded marriages in the province.    

While, 394 or 39.32 percent couples chooses to took their vows on civil rites. The  remaining 8.48 percent  or 85  listed marriages were solemnized under other  religious rites ceremony.

DEATH STATISTICS

Attendants  and Civil Status at Deaths…

From the total registered deaths in Batangas,  death events or  58.68 percent were attended by health professionals (private physician, public health officer and hospital authority) while 41.32 percent or 647 were not attended by any health professional.

About 49.74 percent of recorded deaths were married, 25.67 percent were single, 24.07 percent were widow/widower, 20 percent was divorced while three person or .32 percent civil status deaths were not determined.

Registered Deaths by Sex…

From the total, the registered death occurrences for the month of February, 58.17 percent  or  911 were males and the remaining 41.83 percent  or 655 were females. This means that more males were registered to have succumbed to death than females, resulting to death sex ratio of 139 .

In terms of the highest number of death cases, the leading city is Batangas City with a total of 292 deaths followed by Lipa City with 237.

On the other hand, the municipalities  of Mataas na Kahoy and  Sta. Teresita has the least registered death with 4 death cases reported.

Tags: 

Attachments: