Vital Statistics - February 2021 Batangas (Preliminary Result)

Reference Number: 

21RO410—989

Release Date: 

Monday, March 29, 2021

SPECIAL RELEASE

VITAL EVENTS

January 2021

The data presented herein are based on the documents submitted by the local civil registrars of the province and consists of timely and delayed registrations received during the month.

Births…

The total number of registered births in Batangas for January 2021 had reached to 3,628. It decline by 22.08 percent compared to last year of the same month ’s record of 4,656. This number includes timely and delayed births registered year during the month.

Marriages…

The complete number of wedding events for January 2021 was 1,405. There was a decrease of 708 marriages from last year’s events of 2,113.

Deaths…

There were 1,881 death cases registered in the province for January 2021.

Death figures get higher by 3.07 percent compared to the same month last year with 1,825 deaths.

BIRTH STATISTICS

Live Birth by Sex…

More than half of the total registered live births were males with 1,849 with 50.96 percent, while the remaining 49.04 percent were females with total number of 1,779. This came to a birth sex ratio of 1 male for every 1 female.

Highest proportion for male and female births was reported in Tingloy, wherein for five births, four males and one female were born. Lowest sex ratio however, was noticed the municipalities of Balete, Mabini, Mataas na Kahoy. About 58.82 percent of the cities/municipalities in the province reported a sex ratio of 100 and more than 100 while the remaining 41.18 percent had a sex ratio of less than 100 .

Total Population of Registered Live Births

The overall registered born alive in Batangas was 3,628 with a daily average of 121 live births. The highest number of registered live births was recorded in Lipa City with 544. This was 14.99 percent of total number of registered births in the province. It is followed by Batangas City with 519 live births while Tanauan rank third with the registered live births of 309. These top three cities comprised 37.82 percent of the total registered live births in Batangas.

In contrast, the municipality of Santa Teresita got the lowest registered with one recorded live birth for the month. In terms of the daily average per day for January 2021<, it drops by 19 percent compared to January last year. 

Live Birth Attendants…

Most of the mothers gave birth through medical attendants. About 87.1 percent delivered their babies with assistance from medical staff (physician, nurse, and midwife). On the other hand, 12.9 percent were delivered by non-medical attendants (hilot, other birth attendants).

Registered Marriages…

The total number of marriage occurrences January 2021 was 1,405 . Lipa City registered with the most number of weddings with 212 events while Batangas City ranked second with 153 nuptial events. The least number of marriage events were recorded in the municipality of Tingloy with two registered marriages only.

Marriages by Type of Ceremony…

More than half of the weddings were solemnized under the Roman Catholic rites with a total of 817 or 58.15 percent of the total recorded marriages in the province. While, 455 or 32.38 percent couples chooses to took their vows on civil rites. The remaining 9.47 percent or 133 listed marriages were solemnized under other religious rites ceremony.

Attendants and Civil Status at Deaths…

From the total registered deaths in Batangas, 1,072 death events or 56.99 percent were attended by health professionals (private physician, public health officer and hospital authority) while 43.01 percent or 809 were not attended by any health professional. About 50.13 percent of recorded deaths were married, 23.39 percent were single, 26.16 percent were widow/widower, .05 percent was divorced while five person or .27 percent civil status deaths were not determined.

Registered Deaths by Sex…

The registered death occurrences for the month of January totaled to 1,881 of which 57.52 percent or 1,082 were males and the remaining 42.48 percent or 799 were females. This means that more males were registered to have succumbed to death than females, resulting to death sex ratio of 135. In terms of the highest number of death cases, the leading city is Batangas City with a total of 322 deaths followed by Lipa City with 246.

On the other hand, the municipality of Sta. Terisita has the least registered death with 6 death cases reported.

Tags: 

Attachments: