Special Release on Vital Statistics in Batangas: October - December 2020 Fourth Quarter

Reference Number: 

2021-802

Release Date: 

Thursday, March 4, 2021

SPECIAL RELEASE

Birth Statistics

 

Lipa City reported the highest number of births with 2,139 or 16.2 percent of the total. This was followed by Batangas City and Tanauan City ranked second and third with 1,709 or 12.9 and 1,267 or 9.6 percent , respectively and Lemery with 1,173 or 8.9 percent ranked fourth and Balayan with 933 or 7.1 percent ranked fifth. However, municipalities of Alitagtag and Sta. Teresita reported the lowest registration of live births with 14 births or 0.01 percent of the total .

More than half of the total registered live births were males with 6,725 or 50.9 percent of the total while 6, 491 or 49.1 percent were females.  These data were translated to a sex ratio at birth of  103.6 males per 100 females .

Marriage Statistics

Most of the marriage rites occurred in Lipa City with 444 (17.3%) registered marriages in the fourth quarter.  On the other hand, the municipalities with most number in registered marriages were Nasugbu with 144 (5.6%) and Rosario 127 (5.0%) which ranked first and second, respectively.

The least number of marriages was recorded in the municipality of Tingloy with a count of 1 marriage .

Majority of the marriages was solemnized under civil rites with a percentage of 45.5 percent . There were 43.3 percent contracted through civil rites and the remaining other rites recorded at 11.2% cases .

Death Statistics

The registered death occurrences for the quarter increased by 73 compared to last year quarter with 4,746 deaths . In terms of the highest number of death cases, the leading city is Batangas City with a total of 855 deaths followed by Lipa City (707) . Conversely, Tingloy had the least registered death case with 13 registered deaths. The daily average of registered deaths in the quarter was estimated to 52 deaths .

From the total registered deaths in Batangas, 59.4 percent (2,861) were attended by health professionals (private physician, public health officer and hospital authority) while 37.8 percent (1,792) were attended by non-health professionals .  

Distribution of Deaths by Sex

From that total, 59.1% were estimated for males and the remaining 40.9% were estimated for females. This means that more males were registered to have succumbed to death than females, thus resulting to a sex ratio of 144.5 males per 100 females.

Tags: 

Attachments: