PRICE SITUATION IN BATANGAS
The Consumer Price Index for September 2019 was 121.3. It accelerated by 1.1 points compared to last year of the same month.
Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco and Clothing and Footwear sub-group remained the highest point change having a 48.5 and 9.0 index point changes respectively.
Throughout the month of September, there were increases in the index point changes in Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, 48.5; Clothing and Footwear, 9.0; Furnishing, Household Equipment and Routine Maintenance of the House, 1.1; Health, 5.2; Communication, 0.4; Recreation and Culture, 0.8; Education, 7.1 and Restaurant and Miscellaneous Goods and Services, 2.7. These comparison was against last year of the same month
On the other hand, Food and Non–Alcoholic Beverages, Housing, Water, Electricity, Gas and other Fuels Transport registered a negative index point changes compared to last year of the same
- After the deflation from November 2018 up to July 2019, an inflation slightly increased again on the month of August 2019 and got slower once more on September with an inflation rate of 0.9.
- The inflation rate for this month is 1.7 lower compared to last month
Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco remained to be the highest commodity having a CPI of 278.5
Clothing and footwear and Restaurant & Miscellaneous groups followed with a CPI of 141.7 and 136.2, respectively.
The Communication commodity gained the lowest place with a CPI of 101.9.
FOOD AND NON- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
The month on month Consumer’s Price Index of Food and Non-Alcoholic Beverages group lose a 0.3 index point change. This was observed in most of the commodities belongs to this group.
Positive index point change were recorded for other cereals, flour, cereal preparation, bread, pasta, and other bakery products, milk, cheese and eggs, fruits, food products, and tobacco items.
On the other hand, negative index point change was recorded for the rest of the items.
- Non-Food Sectors also posted a negative index point change of 0.9.
- Clothing and foot wear and Restaurant and Miscellaneous Goods and Services item got an index point change 0.1.
- Most of the commodities which belong to this sectors recorded no change in index points.
- Decreased in the index point of Electricity, Gas and Other fuels and Transport was observed.
PURCHASING POWER OF PESO
The Purchasing Power of the Peso (PPP) in Batangas for September 2019 was recorded at 0.82 centavos. This means that a market basket of goods and services worth one peso for this month could be availed only at 0.82 centavos in 2012.
It had depreciated by 1 centavo compared to last year’s PPP.