MONTHLY AGRICULTURAL SITUATION REPORT
No report from D.A was submitted
- Around 6.0 tons of squash was harvested in the municipalities of Bauan, San Pascual and Bauan.
- In Mataas na Kahoy, some Banana, saba variety was affected by anthracnose. Other farmers did not harvest their plants as no buyer was reported due to poor quality of the fruits.
- In the town of Rosario, about 6.0 tons of Mandarin was harvested with a farmgate price of P15.00-20.00 per kilogram.
- Still in Rosario, yellowing of smaller size of pomelo resulted to falling of immature fruits.
- Balagtasin Farmer’s Association of the municipality of San Luis was newly accredited supplier of Jollibee Food Corporation.
- LIVESTOCK AND POULTRY
- De Villa Francisco Farm in Palindan, Ibaan produced 28,000 pieces of eggs per day with the farmgate price of P5.50 per piece on medium size. On the other hand, P100.00 to P105 per kilogram on liveweght cull was monitored.
- PRICES AND MARKET SITUATION
Farm gate prices of different commodities per kilogram/pc were as follows:
- Squash –P 15.00-P20.00
- Red lady, Papaya- P10.00-12.00
- Calamansi- P 20.00-P60.00
- Banana, saba- P 1.50-2.00/pc
SIGNIFICANT AGRICULTURAL INFRA-STRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT/ PROGRAMS/ POLICIES/ GOVERNMENT INTERVENTIONS
In Brgy, Durungao, San Luis, Batangas, Inauguration of 10 Million worth Pump Irrigation Project through the initiative of Congressman Raneo E. Abu, National Irrigation Administration and the Local Government Units was conducted.
- No trainings/ workshop and meeting reported
- WEATHER/CLIMATIC CONDITION/Outlook
Over the course of November in Batangas, the length of the day is gradually decreasing. Clouds were mostly clear in the morning to mostly cloudy in the afternoon. This accompanied with isolated rains throughout the province.