Statistics on Building Construction
A construction permit or building permit is a permit required in most jurisdictions for new construction, or adding onto pre-existing structures, and in some cases for major renovations. Generally, the new construction must be inspected during construction and after completion to ensure compliance with national, regional, and local building codes. Failure to obtain a permit can result in significant fines and penalties, and even demolition of unauthorized construction if it cannot be made to meet code.
Building Construction in Batangas Province
· For the month of July 2021, the approved building permit summed up to 397 compared to 446 application in the previous month. The total number of building permit decreased by 49.
· Among the 397 total number of approved building permits, 311 were residential and 50 were non-residential. These constructions occupied a total floor area of
· A value of
· For this month, Lipa City submitted 54 building permits, the highest among all city/municipalities in the province. This was followed by Bauan with 30.
· The least number permits reported however, were from the municipalities of Balete with 2 only while Laurel, 4.
· The summary of the data gathered from the province showed that Lipa City have the highest number of building constructions obtaining a total value of
Construction statistics from approved building permits relate to administrative-based data on new constructions and additions, alterations and repairs of existing residential and non-residential buildings and other structures proposed to be constructed in all cities and municipalities of the province in a specific period.
Sources of Information
Construction statistics are compiled by the Philippine Statistics Authority from the copiesof original application forms of approved building permits as well as from the demolition and fencing permits collected every month by PSA field personnel from the Offices of Local Building Officials (LBOs) nationwide.
Construction statistics generated from approved building permits provide monthly administrative-based data on building construction at the municipality level nationwide.
Statistics generated are the following:
· Floor area
· Type of construction
· Value of construction